2017 St. Patrick's Day Ride
March 19th, 2017
"What the heck....
Countdown to Event
Wauconda High School
555 N. Main Street
Wauconda, IL 60084
Directions to Wauconda High School
- Driving South on I-94: Exit route 21 (Milwaukee Ave.) Take route 21 south 5.2 miles to route 176 West. Turn right on to route 176 West for 10 miles to Main Street in Wauconda. Turn right on to Main Street for 0.6 mile to the school.
- Driving North on I-94/I-294: Exit at route 176 West. Turn right on to route 176 West for 12.2 miles to Main Street in Wauconda. Turn right on to Main Street for 0.6 mile to the school.
- Coming from RT. 12 (Rand Road): Exit route 176 East. Turn right on to route 176 East for 0.7 miles to Main St. in Wauconda. Turn left on to Main Street for 0.6 mile to the school.
|Day of the Ride Only|
|Adult (Over 12)||$10.00|
|Child (12 or Under)||Free|
|T-Shirts (S, M, L, XL)||$15.00|
|On site registration is from 8:00am to 10:30am.|
We ride snow or shine.
What You Get !
Routes of 16, 20 and 36 miles wind through beautiful Northeast Illinois over quiet secondary roads with SAG support.
Starting and Closing Times
All routes open at 8:00am. All riders must plan to complete their rides by 1:00pm when all routes close and SAG support stops.
Phone equipped SAG's are intended to help riders needing assistance. Priority will be given to riders in emergency situations - illness, injury or irreparable mechanical breakdowns. Flat tires are not considered emergencies. SAG service stops at 1:00pm
Entertainment by 'Acoustic Soul Generations'
As in previous years, we will be entertained by 'Acoustic Soul Generations'. The band plays music from bluegrass, folk, country, 50's/60's, Rock and Roll, classic rock and some blues.
For your own safety and the safety of others:
- Know and OBEY all traffic laws.
- Use of an ANSI, CPSC or Snell approved helmet is strongly recommended.
- Ride within your ability and physical condition.
- Carry personal identification.
- Bring a bike in good condition, with a spare tube, basic tools, a water bottle, and basic knowledge of repairs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult throughout the ride.
- Bicycles should be ridden single file at all times, even when traffic is not present.
- State law prohibits the use of headsets while riding on public roadways.
- The routes are on public roads which must be shared with motorists. Local law enforcement authorities may patrol the roads and may issue citations for traffic violations.
A long-sleeved T-Shirts with the St. Pat's logo are available for purchase (see prices above).
This is what it's all about
Your participation helps support the advocacy work the club performs on behalf of all cyclists. We support the League of American Bicyclists, League of Illinois Bicyclists, Active Transportation Alliance, Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin and Buffalo Grove Bike Rodeo.